The Lauterstein-Conway Massage School was started by David Lauterstein and John Conway in 1989. It was the first school in Texas to offer an advanced curriculum beyond the hours required for licensure. The Lauterstein-Conway (TLC) Massage School and Clinic now offers the only curriculum in the U.S. that includes, in the basic and advanced programs, Swedish massage, Body Mobilization Techniques, Pregnancy Massage, Sports Massage, Orthopedic Massage, Deep Massage: The Lauterstein Method, Deep Tissue, Zero Balancing, Shiatsu, and Trigger Point Therapy.
John Conway and David Lauterstein have both been therapists and teachers for over 30 years. They have trained a superb group of teachers who are all committed to helping students enjoy their studies, grow into a profession in which they can be happy, and truly help their clients deal with pain, stress and injury to enhance their wellness.
At The Lauterstein-Conway Massage School and Clinic we care about our students. We endeavor in every way to assure that students are professionally successful, therapeutically masterful, and personally fulfilled. We are committed to running our school in a manner as healing as the subjects we teach.
Our pass rate on the national Massage and Bodywork Licensing Exam (MBLEx) exceeds both the national and state average. The Lauterstein-Conway reputation enhances your success, whether you are looking for a job or to be your own boss.
David Lauterstein & John Conway
To provide the highest level of massage and bodywork education for our students as well as professional therapists, in order to promote therapeutic skills, economic success and personal fulfillment.
To make the world a better place through teaching the art and science of touch. We are dedicated to running the school in a manner as healing as the subjects we teach.
- Educational Excellence - Our experienced instructors are enthusiastic and dedicated to teaching the highest level of massage and bodywork to each student. We support our students’ success as well as our graduates’ lifelong learning.
- Student Support and Graduate Success - While therapy itself is fulfilling and fascinating, equally important is earning a good living doing something that you love. We support students through the business training in our core curriculum and career consultations available to all students and graduates.
- Expertise in both Clinical and Relaxation Massage - Massage is an art and a science! The Lauterstein-Conway Massage School balances rigorous technical studies in massage, anatomy, kinesiology, physiology, with the development of each student’s creativity and quality of touch.
- Dedication to the Power of Touch - Healthy touch connects us in a way nothing else does, providing profound physical and psychological benefits.
- Innovation - We are dedicated to continuously refining our programs and school. We respond to the changing needs of our students, staff, and community.
- World Work - Each year TLC donates 5% of our net profit to non-profit organizations benefiting healthcare in our community. Massage therapy is a primary antidote to so many of the stress-related diseases and conflicts in our world today. We benefit the larger community through our school’s unwavering commitment to the hands, heart and minds of our graduates and to the role that touch can play in creating a healthier world.
TLC is a school member of the American Massage Therapy Association, the Alliance for Massage Therapy Education, Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals, and an Approved Provider through the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork.