with Jim McCormick, Zero Balancing Teacher, Five-Element Acupuncturist
Thursday – Sunday, October 30 – November 2
Thurs-Sat 9am-5pm, Sunday 9am-4pm
$695 ($645 if registered by 10/1/2014, $200 deposit)
**Prerequisites: ZB I and ZB II (exceptions may be individually made for ZB I’s with additional advanced study)
The focus of this Advanced Zero Balancing class is to learn to feel more deeply into the held energy in the bone and the energetic field.
You will learn:
- To go beyond merely identifying an imbalance in a joint or bone to learning to identify the quality of the energy held in the imbalance – including the client’s emotions; self-image; concerns; etc.
- How to identify the archetypal signature of the five elemental emotions, and to provide fulcrums to help balance these emotions.
- Advanced work on framing, processing, and listening to both the words of the client and the donkey’s message.
- To deepen your evaluation skills – exactly what to look for; how to evaluate with more depth and precision.
- How to put fulcrums into any aspect of the person – into their emotion; their wellness; into their basic energetic imbalance, into their core self.
- Lastly, participants will have the opportunity to identify their own blocks to progressing as a Zero Balancer through work with the instructor.
“I think Jim McCormick’s course, Touching the Whole Person, is one of the most important courses I’ve ever taken. Being able to feel the signatures of emotions in my hands has deepened my sensitivity and progressed my ZBs.” Judith Sullivan, NCTMB, CST, ZB Faculty
“This is the best course I have ever taken.” Doreen Almeida, PT
“This is a fabulous course. I felt engaged every moment of the class. Touching the Whole Person has helped me experience a level of confidence in myself, a clearer awareness of energy and a deeper and more rewarding connection to my clients.” Eliza Mallouk, MT
Jim McCormick, L. AC., began his Zero Balancing training in 1974 with ZB’s founder, Dr. Fritz Smith, and became the first teacher of ZB after Dr. Smith, in 1979. He is past Chairman of the Board of Directors of the ZBHA. He is co-president of Cambridge Health Associates, a holistic health center in Cambridge, Mass., where he practices Zero Balancing and Traditional Acupuncture.
Jim McCormick was also one of the earliest Americans to study Five-Element Acupuncture with Dr. J.R. Worsley in England, graduating in 1973. He is past president of the Acupuncture Society of Massachusetts, and was a founding Commissioner of the National Commission for the Certification of Acupuncturists.
Jim is known for creating a warm and creative environment, where participants feel safe to be their full selves, while exploring new ideas and skills. He presents information clearly, warmly, and with good humor and joy.
Zero Balancing classes provide CEUs through the following organizations, (additional information in the ZB website at zerobalancing.com) National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork; National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine; PTs in California, Arizona, Illinois, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Washington. More are pending.