with Hannah Ford, LMT
Saturday & Sunday, 9am-5pm
**ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. WALK IN REGISTRATION IS STILL AVAILABLE.**
**10% discount for TLC students/grads**
Pregnancy massage is a quickly growing area of massage therapy, and every massage therapist, regardless of specialty, should be capable of giving a great prenatal massage. Massage during pregnancy reduces stress, relieves discomfort, and helps prepare a woman for the hard work of birth.
This two-day workshop will build your confidence and skills as you
- Use side-lying positioning and draping safely, confidently and comfortably
- Recognize signs of pregnancy complications and contraindications
- Know acupressure points that strengthen labor – when and how to avoid them, when and how to use them
- Add specific techniques to your repertoire for each trimester of pregnancy, as well as labor and postpartum support
- Connect with a network of local birth professionals and become a resource for new mothers
- Spark your excitement for further training in pre- and postnatal bodywork
Moms everywhere thank you for enrolling in this course – you’ll never meet a more grateful demographic!
Hannah Ford, BA, LMT, MTI traveled a winding path that began in South Dakota and meandered through Japan before settling in Austin in 2003. She became a licensed massage therapist in 2006 and graduated from Lauterstein-Conway’s 550-hour program in 2007. Hannah’s private practice is in East-Central Austin, specializing in bodywork for the childbearing year, as well as the Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy, deep massage, shiatsu and chair massage. She is the proud mama of a toddler and another on the way, and loves the schedule flexibility her massage career provides. At TLC, Hannah teaches practical classes throughout the program, where she revels in the opportunity to watch students discover and master the power of caring touch.