Clinical Massage for Lower Back
with Bob Steine
Sunday, February 25
10am - 5pm
**10% discount for TLC students/grads**
About the Workshop:
“Americans spend at least $50 billion each year on low back pain, the most common cause of job-related disability. Back pain is the second most common neurological ailment in the United States — only headache is more common.” -- National Institutes of Health
Back pain is an enormous healthcare issue. It is surprising that many therapists do not have a thorough understanding of the anatomy of the back and of the techniques which may have the most beneficial effects. In this one-day workshop, you will learn amazing and thorough ways to help people with back pain.
In "Orthopedic Massage for Low Back Pain" you will learn about:
- The causes of low back pain
- “Z-joint” dysfunction
- Neuromuscular dysfunction
- Anatomy of the low back
- Traditional treatments
The soft tissue manipulations you will learn and practice will be closely supervised with instructor guidance on the techniques and body mechanics:
- Lower back myofascial release
- Mobilizations for the lower back
- Fists down erectors
- Deep longitudinal stripping of the erector spinae and quadratus lumborum
- Quadratus lumborum trigger point deactivation
- Lamina groove deep longitudinal stripping
- Quadratus lumborum – pin and stretch in side-lying position
- Quadratus lumborum – active-assisted stretch
- Iliopsoas – active-assisted stretch
For many therapists this will be the first time to really have a thorough set of powerful techniques to dramatically help people with low back pain.
Add this important, essential and valuable new skill level to your work!
About the Instructor:
Bob Steine, LMT, MTI, has had a private practice in massage therapy since 2000 in Austin, San Marcos, and Wimberley, Texas. Since 2007, he has been a core instructor at the Lauterstein-Conway Massage School. Mr. Steine provides instruction in Swedish Massage, Sports Massage, Clinical Bodywork, Deep Massage, Anatomy, Physiology, Kinesiology and Pathology in their professional training and in workshops .