Meridians and Massage
with Jason Hammond
Sat & Sun, April 7-8
10am - 5pm
**10% discount for TLC students/grads**
About the Workshop:
This course will explore the meridians of Chinese Medicine. Western anatomy brilliantly captures structural anatomy, but it has virtually nothing to say about energetic anatomy, nor how structure and energy relate to each other in the body.
There are 14 primary meridians – energy flow pathways - in the body. We will discuss what the nature of that energy flow – “chi” – is.
We will also cover more specifically:
- What meridians are
- What they do in the body
- Their relevance to the health of body, mind and spirit
- How they relate to other structures such as muscles, bones and fascia.
- How to adapt knowledge of the meridians for use in any massage modality, from Shiatsu to Swedish and Deep Tissue.
- The names and locations of the 14 major meridians
- The location and palpation of major acupoints on the body.
The majority of class time will be spent systematically exploring these meridians and major acupoints through palpation and classroom exercises.
* This exciting class is appropriate for students who have never worked with the meridians, as well as giving acupuncturists, massage therapists and other health professionals a deeper perspective and experience of massage and meridians.
About the Instructor:
Jason Hammond is an acupuncturist, a massage therapist, a martial artist, and a teacher. He is devoted to helping his clients cultivate wellness and recover from sickness or injuries. Jason is a graduate of Lauterstein-Conway Massage School and AOMA Graduate School of Integrative Medicine. He holds a Master’s Degree in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, and he is pursuing additional studies in Classical Acupuncture with Dr. Edward Neal of the Xinglin Institute for Traditional Chinese Medicine. He joined the faculty at the Lauterstein-Conway Massage School in 2013, where he teaches advanced studies in orthopedic massage, and continuing education seminars. He is a Certified Zero Balancer and a Certified Deep Massage Teacher.
Jason has studied Chinese martial arts since 2000. He currently holds the rank of Associate Master with two 5th degree black belts. He is the Head instructor at South Austin Shaolin-Do, teaching Kung Fu and Tai Chi to children and adults at all levels of training.