with Jason Bratcher, LMT, MTI
Saturday & Sunday, July 19-20
$250 ($100 Deposit)
**10% discount for TLC students/grads**
Lomi Lomi is the Hawaiian way to massage the body. The dance like movements and techniques that are applied create an interconnected flow giving a feeling of being totally supported and cared for when receiving. This bodywork and the philosophy behind it conveys the “Aloha Spirit” and beauty with which the Hawaiian culture honors and celebrates itself. This body work is becoming more popular and sought out by massage practitioners and employers for the amazing experiences both therapists and clients have when giving and receiving.
In this Two-Day Intensive workshop, students will learn:
- Basic techniques for working the body, prone and supine, and the principles behind them
- Learning to work in Tandem (Two practitioners working together on one body)
- Self-care and movement to improve body mechanics to save your hands & body from burnout and fatigue
- Deeper methods to center yourself and become more present & heart centered in your sessions
- How Lomi Lomi can be integrated into your current practice
- In depth focus on the Hawaiian sacred principles of Aloha & ‘Pono to deepen your connection to clients and your heart centered self
Jason Bratcher has been a bodyworker for over 15 years with advanced studies in Deep Tissue, Deep Massage: Lauterstein Method, MyoFascial Release, and Sports Massage. Jason is a Teacher’s Assistant and facilitator under the direction of Tom Cochran and Donna Jason of Sacred Lomi Hawaiian Temple Bodywork (a very caring, supportive, and heart centered system of bodywork whose main goal is to help facilitate a deeper connection to one’s core self through Hawaiian Lomi and personal development). He also has a background in music editing, martial arts training and instruction, and utilizes the above modalities to create an integrated system of total wellness bodywork that he calls “Therapeutic Immersions.” He is also a TLC grad and Instructs/supports students in the TLC internship clinic and classroom.