Hot Stone Massage Therapy
with Joy Sablatura Rockwell
Sun, March 26
$175** (Tuition includes a full set of basalt stones)
**10% discount for TLC students/faculty/alumni**
About the Workshop:
Learn how to give a thorough, relaxing, therapeutic massage with heated smooth lava rocks in this Hot Stone Massage Class. Hot Stone massage is one of the most frequently requested treatments at spas around the world. The treatment you will learn is a perfect blend of hydrotherapy, Swedish and Deep Massage techniques.
In addition to all the new techniques, Joy Sablatura, an expert and long-time Hot Stone instructor, will teach participants the benefits, indications and contraindications for hot stone, and how to correctly use and clean the equipment.
Hot Stone Massage is an excellent, fun, and effective way to expand your massage modalities and spa services. Join us for a fascinating and informative CE class. Tuition includes for each participant a full set of basalt stones!
1. To identify several historical uses of stones
2. To name several properties of basalt stones
3. To know which supplies and equipment are needed for the stone massage
4. To state how to clean and care for the stones
5. To know the appropriate temperature range for the hot stones
6. To know several ways to adjust the temperature if the stones are too hot
7. To know the benefits, indications, contraindications and considerations of hot stone massage
8. To experience receiving a hot stone massage
9. To practice and demonstrate giving a hot stone massage
About the Instructor:
Joy Sablatura, MA, LMT, MTI Joy is a long-time Instructor and therapist specializing in hot stone massage, Swedish and deep massage, lymphatic, sports and myofascial release. As a wellness coach, she also teaches meditation, yoga and how to cleanse and heal from chronic illness. She is a former nurse and has a Master's Degree in Spiritual Psychology with a focus on Consciousness, Health and Healing from the University of Santa Monica. Joy is co-founder of the Texas Lyme Disease Association and serves on the Board.