This workshop concentrates on the two most common causes of pain and tension in the lower back and pelvis - the piriformis (and other deep lateral rotators) and the sacro-iliac ligaments. IN this clinical massage workshop you will learn about:
- The causes of sciatica
- Repetitive stress issues with the I.T. band
- The role of the sacro-iliac joint and ligaments in low back pain
- Anatomy of the muscles and ligaments most relevant to these problems
- Traditional treatments
The soft tissue manipulations you will learn and practice will be closely supervised with instructor guidance on the techniques and body mechanics:
- Assessment for lower back, gluteals, and thigh
- Myofascial release for lower back, gluteals, and thigh
- Deep transverse friction for the sacro-iliac, ilio-lumbar ligaments and iliotibial band
- Deep Massage and deep tissue techniques for gluteus maximus and hamstrings
- Deep longitudinal stripping of hamstrings and lateral thigh
- Piriformis and TFL pin and stretch
- Active release techniques for the low back and piriformis
- Trigger point deactivation for the TFL and quadriceps
For many therapists this will be the first time to really have a thorough set of powerful techniques to dramatically help people with these frequently encountered dysfunctions.
Add this important, essential and valuable new skill level to your work!
About the Instructor
Bob Steine, LMT, MTI, has had a private practice in massage therapy since 2000 in Austin, San Marcos, and Wimberley, Texas. Since 2007, he has been a core instructor at the Lauterstein-Conway Massage School. Mr. Steine provides instruction in Swedish Massage, Sports Massage, Clinical Bodywork, Deep Massage, Anatomy, Physiology, Kinesiology and Pathology in their professional training and in workshops .