with Bob Steine
Sunday, September 11
**10% discount for TLC students/grads**
**Please note, if you are a current student here or a recent graduate, this advanced workshop is derived from the second half of our training here.**
In Clinical Massage Massage for Sciatica and Piriformis Syndrome you will learn about:
- The causes of sciatica
- Repetitive stress issues with the I.T. band
- The role of the sacro-iliac joint and ligaments in low back pain
- Anatomy of the muscles and ligaments most relevant to these problems
- Traditional treatments
The soft tissue manipulations you will learn and practice will be closely supervised with instructor guidance on the techniques and body mechanics:
- Assessment for lower back, gluteals, and thigh
- Myofascial release for lower back, gluteals, and thigh
- Deep transverse friction for the sacro-iliac, ilio-lumbar ligaments and iliotibial band
- Deep Massage and deep tissue techniques for gluteus maximus and hamstrings
- Deep longitudinal stripping of hamstrings and lateral thigh
- Piriformis and TFL pin and stretch
- Active release techniques for the low back and piriformis
- Trigger point deactivation for the TFL and quadriceps \
For many therapists this will be the first time to really have a thorough set of powerful techniques to dramatically help people with these frequently encountered dysfunctions.
Add this important, essential and valuable new skill level to your work!
Bob Steine, LMT, MTI, has had a private practice in massage therapy since 2000 in Austin, San Marcos, and Wimberley, Texas, specializing in chair massage, deep massage, and clinical bodywork. He has been for many years a core instructor at the Lauterstein-Conway Massage School, providing instruction in Swedish Massage, Sports Massage, Clinical Bodywork, Deep Massage, Anatomy, Physiology, Kinesiology and Pathology.