Zero Balancing is a fascinating, yet practical advanced hands-on modality which specializes in the balancing of the body’s structure and energy.
with David Lauterstein, Cert. ZB, LMT
Thursday – Sunday, February 20-23, 2014
$595 ($200 non-refundable Deposit)
ZERO BALANCING has been called “the most revolutionary development in bodywork today.”
Zero Balancing (ZB) is a hands-on bodywork system designed to align the body both energetically and structurally. Zero Balancing focuses on the whole person, while addressing specific needs – profoundly relieving pain, tension, and discomfort. Considered at the leading edge of body/mind therapies, ZB moves beyond exclusively Western scientific approaches to body structure by also incorporating Eastern concepts of energy and healing. This enables practitioners to work simultaneously with structure and energy. Zero Balancing focuses on the musculo-skeletal system, with particular emphasis on key joints, ligaments, and soft tissues that support us in the gravitational field and facilitate energy flow.
Benefits of Zero Balancing
- Relieves muscle pain and chronic tension through the whole body – with specific techniques for the low back, hips, feet, thorax, shoulders, arms, neck, and head.
- Re-aligns the physical body
- Deepens clients’ relief from past trauma
- Stimulates psycho-spiritual development
- Deeply relieves current life stresses
- Promotes mental clarity and inspiration
- Aligns structure and energy with respect to each other
What You Will Learn in Zero Balancing I
- A step-by-step Zero Balancing protocol for the entire body
- Zero Balancing techniques for the tarsal bones, hip joint, sacrum and sacro-iliac joints, low, middle and upper back, shoulder joint and girdle, arms, neck and head.
- Anatomy of the body’s “Foundation Joints” – those most critical to our balance and how to use ZB to enhance their role in structural and energetic alignment
- Altered states and their importance in the healing process
- The “Working Signs” of mind/body healing
- How to Create Fulcrums – Zero Balancing’s working tool for balancing energy and structure
prerequisite reading - Inner Bridges by Dr. Fritz Smith, MD and “What is Zero Balancing?” by David Lauterstein. Here is the link to “What is Zero Balancing?” - http://www.tlcschool.com/continuing-education/what-is-zero-balancing/
David Lauterstein has been a massage and bodywork teacher since 1982, beginning at the Chicago School of Massage Studies, the Texas School of Massage Studies and, since 1989, at The Lauterstein-Conway Massage School. He has developed Deep Massage: The Lauterstein Method which he teaches, along with Zero Balancing, throughout the U.S. and in England. David is a certified faculty member of the Zero Balancing Health Association and has studied continuously with the founder of Zero Balancing, Dr. Fritz Smith, MD since 1986. He is the author of Putting the Soul Back in the Body and The Deep Massage Book – How to Combine Structure and Energy in Bodywork (Redwing Books, 2012). He was inducted into the Massage Therapy Hall of Fame in 2011, is the 2012 recipient of AMTA’s Jerome Perlinski Teacher of the Year award and the 2013 “Educator of the Year” award from the Alliance for Massage Therapy Education.