First Name: Amy
Last Name: Ray
Phone: (512) 474-4777
Company Name: JW Marriott Austin
Company Website: www.jwmarriottaustin.com
How would you like to receive inquiries?: Email
Closing Date: 08/01/2016
Job Title: Massage Therapists
Job Type: Employee – Paid
Job Description: This position is responsible for performing a variety of massage therapy techniques to reduce stress and promote relaxation. The techniques used include: Swedish, deep tissue, reflexology, shiatsu and hot stone. Additionally, all Spa personnel are responsible for driving positive guest satisfaction through implementation of core brand requirements, and positive engagement with our guests.
• Performs all services that meet the established guidelines for that type of service offering that fulfill guest expectations; based on current certifications.
• Understands and uses universal precautions when providing services.
• Assesses contraindications of guest that may prevent service from taking place.
• Maintains the highest level of product knowledge and has complete knowledge of all spa services presently offered. Can speak knowledgeably about hotel amenities and the local Austin area; answering guest questions that arise.
• Suggest to guest other beneficial treatments offered in the Spa
• Understands the ingredients in products and can explain their benefits to guest. Answers guest’s questions in a knowledgeable and professional manner. Recommends products for home use with a minimum service to sale ratio of 5%.
• Keeps up on inventory and notifies Spa Director of product needs.
Previous massage experience; maintains current massage license
Ability to explain and skillfully conduct various treatments/services to guests.
Customer service experience; preferably in Spa environment
Excellent customer service skills and strong work ethic
Must have and maintain current licensing
Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
Professional manner, discretion and appearance
Excellent verbal and written skills
Strong team player
Ability to lift 25 lbs.