1. There is a big difference between a well-trained massage therapist and one that’s not! That makes a big difference in how successful you will be in this career and your ability to help people! Lauterstein-Conway provides the highest level of training in therapeutic techniques, science, and the art of skillful touch. This gives you the ability to work in many different environments – from being self-employed, to working in spas and resorts, to working with doctors, chiropractors and physical therapists.
Modalities and Techniques taught:
- Swedish massage – learn effective sessions to relieve stress and enhance circulation
- Chair Massage – learn short sessions designed to energize
- Pregnancy Massage – learn to work with expectant mothers. Some of the most grateful clientele!
- Sports Massage – learn to work with athletes and personal trainers
- Deep Massage – learn to work the deeper layers of the muscles with a refined intuitive approach
- Deep Tissue – learn advanced deep work for chronic pain, tension, injury and many other ailments – Techniques include:
- Trigger point
- Myofascial Release
- Active release techniques
- Body Mobilization techniques
- Orthopedic Massage – learn protocols for:
- Low back pain
- Neck pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Thoracic outlet
- IT band syndrome
- Shin splints
- Plantar fascitis
2. We believe in the Art and Science of bodywork! Some schools are considered “new-age”, others more “clinical”. Lauterstein-Conway is one of the only schools that combines a rigorous scientific training with an intuitive approach that allows you to use your creativity and designing a session that fits each person you work with.
We are committed to your success! We update and refine our curriculum regularly to make sure you leave with cutting-edge information and skills.
3. You’ve heard the name… Why the Reputation? – Lauterstein-Conway is one of the most recognized schools in the U.S:
- Lauterstein Conway – 2009 School of the Year, World Massage Festival
- Lauterstein Conway – 2014 Excellence in Education award,
- Lauterstein Conway – 2014 Best Healthy Local Business award from Austin Independent Business Alliance
- David Lauterstein, Co Director – 2011 inducted into Massage Therapy Hall of Fame
- David Lauterstein, Co Director – 2012 and 2013 recognized as Educator of the Year by AMTA and the Alliance for Massage Therapy Education
4. Continuing Education Workshops – we offer over 300 hours of workshops each year on topics such as Oncology Massage, Anatomy Trains, Advanced Deep Tissue, Manual Lymphatic Drainage, Advanced Zero Balancing, Pregnancy Massage, and more.
5. The Advanced Program (250 hours) – This is the only program in the U.S. that includes Advanced Orthopedic Massage, Advanced Deep Massage, Cranio-Sacral Work, Zero Balancing, Shiatsu, Psychology of Bodywork, and Advanced Integrative Bodywork. Take your skills to the next level!
6. Mission – We endeavor to run our school in as healing a manner as the subjects we teach. We want each graduate to be therapeutically masterful, professionally successful and personally fulfilled.